Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Imaginary Chef

I had the loooongest day ever today, with being at work after a long weekend, then going to my Body Pump class until 7pm. While in class, I realized that I was starving. I then remembered that I had prepared and assembled everything in my slow cooker! My Crockpot is like my imaginary chef - I just love coming home to a cooked dinner! From Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, I made the Half Day Ratatouille. I threw in a pound of cubed tofu to the eggplant-onion-canned tomatoes-red pepper-zucchini-garlic-pesto combo, and it was so yummy on brown rice. You're supposed to cook it on Low for 4 hours, but I had it on Low for 8, then on Keep Warm for eons until I finally got home. So, I should rename it the Looooongest Day Ratatouille.


I also enjoyed leftover dessert (to completely nullify my workout). On Monday, Kyle and I had made Apple Crumble from my only non-veggie standard cookbook, the New Cookbook. Obviously, I subbed in Sucanat and Earth Balance for the brown sugar and butter to give it the vegan touch:

My mom would be so proud that I made a 'normal' recipe. However, with just a few more batches of Brooklyn vs. Boston Cream Cupcakes from VCTOTW, I'm pretty sure I would have her kicking Betty Crocker to the curb for good! They're just that yummy.

No comments: