Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Our Canadian Thanksgiving (almost two months later...)

Thanks to Princess for taking shots of our T-giving supper! I couldn't find these in Picasa but finally was able to, hence the delay.

I made the Vegan Pot Roast from Vegan Lunch Box - it was 'gobbled' up!



I also made homemade oatmeal bread in my bread machine (I choose the dough setting then shape and bake it myself so it looks like I spent lots of time kneading...hee hee).



Finally, Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake from the Fat Free Vegan. Heavenly! So glad we changed it up from regular pumpkin pie. Since the filling is rather runny, it helps to scoop the second layer onto the first in order to keep the two distinct layers. Will definitely make this again.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

vegan1 said...

Do you know how to convert bread maker bread recipes into recipes you can knead by hand and let rise? That bread looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Hmm...I guess I would mix 1 package of yeast (tends to be equal to 2 1/4 tsp of bread machine yeast) with the warm water or soymilk and let it get all bubbly. Then I'd add the wet ingredients plus salt, then slowly knead in the combined remaining dry ingredients, starting with 2 cups of the flour and adding a cup at a time as you knead.

I typically take all my doughs out of the machine and shape and bake at around 375 degrees for about 1/2 hour, or until the loaf sounds hollow. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh, I should mention that my dough rests for about 45 minutes, with a little knead in between. Once I shape it, I then let it rise for about an hour.