Monday, September 02, 2013

Vegan MoFo!

Let's see if I can actually post daily! Given that my first post is on September 2nd, I'm afraid I'm not off to a good start.

My theme this year is...wait for it...hemp seeds! Should be interesting to see the many ways I consume hemp seeds every day!

I buy my hemp seeds directly from Manitoba Harvest in large quantities, but they are so widespread in Canada that they are available at Costco and Loblaws, as well as natural food stores.

Chock full of complete protein, omegas and iron, these babies should be part of every vegan's diet! Also great for food allergies, as they make a great substitute for nuts.

Here's my first entry: Blueberry Banana Pie Overnight Oats from Oh She Glows:
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/06/04/blueberry-banana-pie-vegan-overnight-oats/
Crappy mobile blogger doesn't let me embed links and just changed my font size!

Anyways, here they are with hemp seeds instead of nuts!




No comments: