Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Second Box

The second CSA delivery yielded:



1 head green leaf lettuce
1 bunch of red and green swiss chard (mixed)
1 bunch of spinach
1 box of peas
1 bag of spring mix
10 stalks of rhubarb
1 beet
2 radishes
1 bunch of green and red (?) basil
2 green onions

and four of these unique carrots - they are almost red on the outside, but orange on the inside. I've never seen carrots like them. Are they heirloom carrots?



For dinner, I sauted the swiss chard with the basil and green onions, sundried tomatoes, chickpeas and artichoke hearts and served it over brown rice pasta. Princess gobbled up the carrots and tried a radish - then determined that she isn't fond of radish.

2 comments:

Carrie™ said...

Wow! That looks and sounds incredible. I don't know of a CSA around Burlington. I should investigate.

Anonymous said...

That looks really good! I'm going to the market today to see if I can find some fresh local produce.