Friday, October 16, 2009

Ashley Fare!

I don't really know why I'm blogging about these two items, but I figured I should give some perspective on the types of stuff Ash eats!

First up, Vegan Brunch's Broccoli Quiche. So darn delicious. I've made and blogged about it before, but I wanted to note how I served it with a side of carrots. I peeled them, then sauteed for about a minute in a little oil. I then squirted a little lemon juice and voila - carrots fully cooked in just a minute!

Then I made an Avocado Dip from Deceptively Delicious. It was another non-hit. Essentially pureed avocado with soy yogurt, a little Nayonnaise, salt and lime juice. Meh. It was actually pretty gross. I'm trying to find some healthy spreads/dips for her since I'm afraid she will forever have stinky garlic breath based on the massive amount of hummus she eats!

Posted by Picasa


Debra said...

It does sound nasty. Will she not eat just plain mashed avocado with salt and lime juice?
Debra @ Vegan Family Style

Sarah said...

Oh yeah, she eats avocado on its own with no probs. I was just looking for something more dip style with a similar tangy-ness! Maybe a vegan ranch attempt will be next.

Everything from that book has been pretty sick so far :)

Debra said...

I am pretty thankful that my kids love pretty much everything I cook- the ones that don't will eat anything plain. I keep lots of homemade nut butters on hand, I make lots of raw treats, and homemade bread. I made a keylime pie recently that was loaded with avocado that they loved. Do you make green smoothies? THe kids love them!
Debra @ Vegan Family Style