Saturday, May 19, 2012

More Chloe!

I seriously can't get enough of Chloe's Kitchen, Chloe Coscarelli's new cookbook. I swooned over it in a recent blog post, and have found myself making so much from it.

But I was trying to think hard about why I consider this to be one of my go-to books. I've realized now why it is: There is nothing 'weird' in this book. Honest to God, I turn each page and consider making each recipe (of course making necessary allergy subs where need be). I truly believe that this is one book that you can challenge yourself to make each item. And it's not just North American food fare - there are some ethnic-inspired dishes to help encourage trying something new, but they aren't weird! I also have alot of books that have either a million recipes or too many variations of one recipe that seem to complicate things. I find that overwhelming. Or they have a billion ingredients. This book doesn't! It's just so fab.

Anyways, to prove my fondness for this book, here are some more yummy things I've made this past week:

Tomato-Basil Bisque - Roasting the tomatoes, garlic and onion before blending adds such a yummy flavour! Love having the Vitamix since it makes soups so smooth compared to the immersion blender. I didn't make the pumpernickel croutons since I don't have a recipe that is Kyson-safe.

Rosemary Tomato Gallette with Pine Nut Ricotta - Delicious! I felt so fancy. I used Buttah to make the crust, and it was so flaky. Instead of using pine nuts, I used hemp seeds (surprise!). It was great! Would definitely use as a dip!

California Chipotle Chop with Agave-Lime Vinaigrette - Scrumptious! I just omitted the step where one would cook beans with garlic and chipotle since we cant do beans. I had added garlic to the salad but not chipotle so technically I don't live up to the title! Ash loved this and begged for more!

BBQ Pineapple Pizza - Sooooo good! I love her BBQ sauce! I have to admit that I didn't cook her own ketchup ingredients first - I just added those ingredients and cooked them as the BBQ sauce cooked. I just thought the flavours of this dish were so unique!

* Since I'm using mobile blogger, my pics are all shoved at the bottom! Will fix when I get to a PC!

1 comment:

Tami said...

It all looks fantastic!